If you have read some of our reviews, like Inbox Dollars and iWriter, you will notice that we recommend multiple income streams, which brings us to our Fiverr Review. We look at a popular freelancing site, that has bridging the gap between business owners, and remote workers.
Fiverr has been in business for almost a decade. It is 8 years 6 months old, at the time of this writing.
But how good and legitimate is Fiverr? Does its longevity in business mean anything? Is it a reliable source of income for people who work from home?
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the good, the bad, and the very ugly as far as Fiverr is concerned.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Fiverr and how does it Work?
- 2 Can You Make Money with Fiverr?
- 3 Is Fiverr a Scam? Or, is it Legitimate?
- 4 Is Fiverr Worth It?
Let’s get started.
Owner: Fiverr International Limited
Company Name: Fiverr
Website URL: https://www.fiverr.com
Price: Free to Join
What is Fiverr and how does it Work?
Fiverr is one of the world’s most popular freelancing platforms out there. The company allows freelancers to sell digital services known as gigs.
Fiverr is currently available in five languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.
What’s Behind the Name ‘Fiverr’?
The word Fiverr is derived from the word five. This explains why many freelancers on the platform provide their services at $5 a gig.
Fiverr has grown become the most popular website to provide services for cheap. And it currently has more than a million monthly organic visits from Google alone.
Is the Pricing Constant?
Although $5 is the standard rate per service, Fiverr no longer restricts a gig to this rate.
The company made changes to the pricing model. Now a freelancer can create a single gig and charge up to $995 for it.
Today, you can charge a client based on the complexity of a gig and the time it would take to complete.
How does Fiverr Work?
Fiverr works on different freelancer levels.
The levels are divided into four distinct categories: New Seller, Level 1, Level 2, and a Top Rated Seller.
Each level has its own benefits.The higher your level, the more gigs you can create and the more money you can make.
- A New Seller can create up to 7 Active Gigs, 2 Gigs Extras, and 5 Multiple Gigs.
- A Level 1 Seller can have 15 Active Gigs, 4 Gig Extras, and 10 Gig Multiples.
- A Level 2 Seller can have 20 Active Gigs, 5 Gigs Extras, and 15 Gigs Multiple.
And a Top Rated Seller gets all the privileges of a Level 2 seller plus priority customer support.
Can You Make Money with Fiverr?
Yes, you can make money with Fiverr by selling any service through the platform. To get started, register an account and create a gig.
Here’s how to create a relevant gig:
- Name your gig and then choose a relevant category from the options available. Then, choose packages for your gig.
- Fill out the number of attributes you want the bundle to have. Examples of attributes include delivery time, number of revisions, and extra services
- Describe your gig. Use short sentences, subheadings, and bullet points. You can even create a Frequently Asked Question sheet to make your description in-depth.
- Add files, media or document as proof of previous work.
- Remember to set the pricing for each package accordingly, and do no forget to tell the buyer what you will need to get started.
When you are done creating the gig, hit the publish button. The post will go live and Fiverr will give you a live link to the service. Use this link to advertise your services on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
How Improve Your Chances of Getting Clients on Fiverr
Fiverr is a crowded platform, right? So you need to do your best to increase your chances of getting hired. Here’s how to do that.
- Instead of just creating a plain gig, back it up with samples of your previous project. Add uniqueness to your gig.
- Embrace the $5 rate first, and then you can raise your rates later once you achieve a particular milestone
- Focus on 100% customer satisfaction.
- Advertise your gigs outside Fiverr. this is a good way to increase the visibility of your gigs.
How does Fiverr Handle Payments?
The company charges 20% of the cost of any gig every time a client orders your service. This is excessively expensive considering that other options don’t charge you this much to make money online.
Is Fiverr a Scam? Or, is it Legitimate?
Fiverr is not a fraud. The business has been around for a very long time. And it is one of the most trusted freelancing websites on the internet.
You can request payment by withdrawing money from your Fiverr account if you have a balance. Fiverr will send your money to your PayPal account or Payoneer MasterCard.
It may take up to two weeks to process your payments. If you have a pro seller account, your payment will reflect in your PayPal or Debit Card account within 7 days.
Is Fiverr Worth It?
If you are looking for a freelancing website that you can trust, use Fiverr. If you are love creating gigs and making money out of them, go with Fiverr. As long as you are willing to trade time for money, you can make some decent income on this platform.
The problem with Fiverr is that it is crowded. Hundreds of freelancers are promoting the same gig as yours every single day.
There is also an issue with scaling your income because there is no real way to duplicate yourself, or automate your service, so you literally have to do the work, then get paid. This also makes it difficult to achieve passive or residual income.
Another problem is that Fiverr’s customer support is limited only to customers and top rated sellers.
Today, affiliate marketing is the best alternative to Fiverr. If you would like to built a profitable online business, which you can easily scale, and make passive income online, check out our affiliate marketing guide.